Diwali Mela/Christmas/New Year & Other Melas

Are you to organise a Diwali Mela/Christmas/New Year & Other Mela, then you need a Performance License issued under the Regulations for Licensing and Controlling Places of Public Amusement (Other than Cinemas) and performances for public amusement, 1980.


In order to streamline things for organisers the Licensing Unit has simplified the procedure and made it in sync with the ground reality. The following documents have to be submitted by the organiser/applicant.

  1. Application Form-A Click to Download
  2. Affidavit Click to Download
  3. Detailed site plan clearly showing entry, exit, space for parking etc.
  4. Copy of the agreement between the main management and the organiser /contractor
  5. N.O.C from the land owning agency where the mela is to be held

Once these documents are received the reports are called from the local police and traffic police on well defined objective criteria. If the local police and traffic police grant their N.O.C's then the applicant is granted a Conditional Performance License. This license is conditional on the applicant strictly abiding by the terms and conditions of the license which includes the submission of -

  1. Electrical Safety Certificate Click to Download
  2. The Fire safety certificate Click to Download an
  3. Clearance from Executive Engineer (Auto ) in case of joy rides

All these need to be submitted one week prior to the starting of the Mela.

Best viewed resolution 1024 x 768 or above.