Quick Links

Do's and Dont's (click here)

Ram lila/Rawan Dahan/Dura puja/Melas etc. (Last date 31/08/2016)

Are you to organise a Ram lila/Rawan Dahan/Durga Puja/Mela etc., then you need a Performance License issued under the Regulations for Licensing and Controlling Places of Public Amusement (Other than Cinemas) and performances for public amusement, 1980.


In order to streamline things for organisers the Licensing Unit has simplified the procedure and made it in sync with the ground reality. The following documents have to be submitted by the organiser/applicant.

  1. Application Form-A Click to Download ( For Hindi Click to Download )
  2. Affidavit Click to Download ( For Hindi Click to Download )
  3. Detailed site plan clearly showing entry, exit, space for parking etc.
  4. Copy of the agreement between the main management and the organiser /contractor
  5. N.O.C from the land owning agency where the mela is to be held

Once these documents are received the reports are called from the local police and traffic police on well defined objective criteria. If the local police and traffic police grant their N.O.C's then the applicant is granted a Conditional Performance License. This license is conditional on the applicant strictly abiding by the terms and conditions of the license which includes the submission of -

  1. Electrical Safety Certificate Click to Download
  2. The Fire safety certificate Click to Download
  3. Clearance from Executive Engineer (Auto ) in case of joy rides

(This Performance License is simultaneously endorsed to the Chief Fire Officer, Electrical Inspector, Executive Engineer (Auto) and the Entertainment Tax Officer for necessary action and intimation.)

All these need to be submitted one week prior to the starting of the Mela.